In the year 1875, Bishop DeGoesbriand asked Monsignor Jerome Cloarec, pastor of St. Joseph’s Church in Burlington, to take spiritual care of the Catholic families living in the Malletts Bay area of Colchester. Until 1914, the Catholic people of the Bay were without the benefit of a local church. It was necessary for them to attend Mass and to receive the Sacraments at St. Joseph’s in Burlington. It was in 1913 that Msgr. Cloarec found it necessary to provide a chapel for the people living at the Bay. Under his direction, the stone church was constructed in the year 1914 on land donated by M/M Richard Lacroix (Cross). The structure was given the title of Holy Cross Chapel, a Mission of St. Joseph’s Parish in Burlington. In 1945, Holy Cross Mission was assigned to the relatively-new parish of St. Mark on North Avenue in Burlington. During the following years, Holy Cross was ministered to by ten priests. Holy Cross remained a Mission of St. Mark’s Parish until June 25, 1950, for on that date Holy Cross ceased to be a mission and received the full status of a Parish. Our first Pastor was Fr. Joseph Joy, a native of Brooklyn, NY. It was during Fr. Joy’s time that the rectory was constructed. In the following years, the number of families moving to the Malletts Bay area in Colchester grew by sizable numbers and it soon became evident that the old building was not large enough to accommodate the ever-increasing numbers attending Mass on Sundays. In 1966, under the direction of then pastor Rev. William P. Hammond, the present Holy Cross Church was built. It was designed to hold 600 people. The original church building would now be known as Cloarec Hall, and would be used for parish social and town functions.